Build android (App-Bundle) : An unknown error occurred.

When i try to run the command : expo build:android -t app-bundle
The console purpose me to upload my own keystore, then, when i select it, i put my information and i have an error :
An unknown error occurred.

It reboot my computer, re-install Expo-cli and use the command with sudo, but anything … it’s not working at all !
Some days ago, all was okay :slight_smile:

DIAGNOSTIC

Expo CLI 3.28.1 environment info:
System:
Shell: 5.7.1 - /bin/zsh
Binaries:
Node: 14.7.0 - /usr/local/bin/node
Yarn: 1.22.10 - /usr/local/bin/yarn
npm: 6.14.7 - /usr/local/bin/npm
SDKs:
iOS SDK:
Platforms: iOS 14.1, DriverKit 19.0, macOS 10.15, tvOS 14.0, watchOS 7.0
IDEs:
Android Studio: 4.0 AI-193.6911.18.40.6626763
Xcode: 12.1/12A7403 - /usr/bin/xcodebuild
npmPackages:
expo: ^39.0.0 => 39.0.3
react: 16.13.1 => 16.13.1
react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-39.0.3.tar.gz => 0.63.2
react-native-web: ~0.13.7 => 0.13.14
react-navigation: ^4.3.9 => 4.4.2
npmGlobalPackages:
expo-cli: 3.28.1
Expo Workflow: managed

COMMAND LINES

$ sudo expo build:android -t app-bundle

Checking if there is a build in progress…
Accessing credentials for meemo in project meemo-app
:heavy_check_mark: Would you like to upload a Keystore or have us generate one for you?
If you don’t know what this means, let us generate it! :slight_smile: › I want to upload my own file

WARNING! In this mode, we won’t be able to make sure that your credentials are valid.
Please double check that you’re uploading valid files for your app otherwise you may encounter strange errors!
When building for IOS make sure you’ve created your App ID on the Apple Developer Portal, that your App ID is in app.json as bundleIdentifier, and that the provisioning profile you upload matches that Team ID and App ID.

:heavy_check_mark: Path to the Keystore file. … keystore.jks
:heavy_check_mark: Keystore password … ***********
:heavy_check_mark: Key alias … myalias
:heavy_check_mark: Key password … ***********

An unknown error occurred.

hi @meemo , thanks for writing in. I tracked down the issue and deployed a fix to our servers just now. Could you try again and see if it is working for you? Sorry for the inconvenience!

The issue had to do with the way we detect and handle certain keystore formats (p12/pkcs keystores)

The fix deployed is good !
Well done :slight_smile:

Thanks a loooottttt !!!

Hello,

We seem to be having a similar issue today whenever we upload our own keystore. “An unknown error occurred.”

Hi @quinlanj,

I can see that you have pushed a solution but I’m still facing that. Can you please tell me what I need to change on my end to be able to fix it? Or it’s just fixed for everyone?

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.