Blank screen on loading document from URI in webview for android

I am using Webview and trying to load the document from URI it is showing the blank page for android only and working fine with IOS.

Hey @gd_11,

Unfortunately we’re going to need a lot more information to help debug this. What SDK version are you running? Does this work with other documents or is it a specific file that isn’t working as expected?

Ideally, if you can provide a reproducible example of this behavior we can use to test on our end that would be great.

Cheers,
Adam

1 Like

Hi Expo Team,

I am very much thank full to you as you have taken time from your schedule for me.

Load Doc In Web View for android - Snack : This is the snack link i have created for you .

In this i am trying to load a Xls file from a url and want to show that in my webview .

Above is working fine for Ios but a blank page is loaded for android device same is the issue with me .

I also need to load the different extensions document from a certain API URL with passing of headers.

Note : Loading of any URL is working good but when you try to load a document it is not wokring .

I am also pasting some important library for your reference

“expo”: “~37.0.3”,

“expo-local-authentication”: “~9.0.0”,

“expo-localization”: “~8.1.0”,

“expo-web-browser”: “~8.2.1”,

“react”: “~16.9.0”,

“react-dom”: “~16.9.0”,

“react-native”: “https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-37.0.1.tar.gz”,

“react-native-animatable”: “^1.3.3”,

“react-native-appearance”: “^0.3.3”,

“react-native-gesture-handler”: “~1.6.0”,

“react-native-modal-datetime-picker”: “^8.6.0”,

“react-native-reanimated”: “^1.7.0”,

“react-native-responsive-screen”: “^1.4.1”,

“react-native-safe-area-context”: “0.7.3”,

“react-native-screens”: “~2.2.0”,

“react-native-tab-view”: “^2.14.0”,

“react-native-vector-icons”: “^6.6.0”,

“react-native-web”: “~0.11.7”,

“react-native-webview”: “8.1.1”,

},

Hope i. have answered your doubts, because of having 3 months experience with mobile technology i am depending on you for this solution.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.