Bitdefender is detecting expo-cli as infected

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 38.0
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): all
Bitdefender moved a threat to quarantine. File name: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\nvm\v10.22.0\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\.bin\envinfo.cmd. It is recommended that you run a System Scan to make sure your system is clean.

My AV is blocking Expo periodically.
It seems related to expo web in development mode.

i cannot see any reported vulnerabilities or warnings on the envinfo package: envinfo - npm

can you link to more information about what the problem is? otherwise you may need to tkae this up with your AV service

Hi @notbrent

Yes, it might be a hard one to debug. Maybe just an FYI for you. Could also just be over careful AV.

This error just randomly occurs when using rn for web. When happens, it kills the node process and moves filender expo-cli/node_modules/.bin to quarantine.

This is likely heuristic behaviour detection. Windows Defender also does something similar on some systems, because both yarn and NPM access a lot of files and use a lot of resources when installing packages.

Since the web bundler process also does this, I would consider this as the reason for the problems.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.