Background notifications not working on iOS with Expo's Push API

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 44.0.6 / expo-cli: 5.4.9
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): iOS
  3. Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on.

I am using Expo’s ush API, and as fair as I can tell, it is not supported to handle background-notifications on iOS devices as it requires the"content-available": 1 added to the payload. However, this seems to not be supported by Expo Push API.
As stated here: “Expo’s push API does not accept the content-available key. You’ll need to send directly through APNs.”
Source: ([expo-notifications] Background notification tasks not working · Issue #13767 · expo/expo · GitHub)

So, if it is correct that it is not supported, I believe it would make great sense to state early on here in your documentation, when choosing between using Expo’s service or not (Sending Notifications with Expo's Push API - Expo Documentation).

Am I correct, or is it actually possible to implement through Expo’s Push API? I am simply trying to add to the badge-count of a user while he/she has the app in the background.

\Norton

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.