AuthSession.startAsync not working on android device after detach

I have created my app using create-react-native-app. I have integrated social authentication using Expo AuthSession.startAsync method. Then I detached my app to expo kit. After that AuthSession.startAsync is not working in android devices. It re-opens the app after authenticating the request. But it works fine for iOS.

1 Like

hi there! please share a mcve (How to create a Minimal, Reproducible Example - Help Center - Stack Overflow) so we can help you. not much one can do without a repro case :wink:

Hi, I was integrated twitter login using AuthSession.startAsync(). I was tested in android emulator, then a web browser opened and did the login action after that redirect back to my app. But in my case the redirect is not working properly. It will re-open the app twice(including the current opened one) instead of redirect back to the current screen of opened app. I am using AuthSession.getRedirectUrl() as my redirect url. But in iOS, it will redirect back to the current screen of my app…

1 Like

Observing the exact same behavior. Android emulated or device fails to redirect properly to the already opened session of the app.

This may also be helpful: I’m seeing the second session of the app on the device opens with completely different params.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.