Authentication with Apple Developer Portal failed! spawn bash ENOENT

Hi there, I am running the expo build:ios -t archive command and I get this issue when attempting to authenticate. I don’t know if it makes a difference but the password for the login has a special character.

Checking if there is a build in progress…

Configuring credentials for sarcodo in project myProject
? Do you have access to the Apple account that will be used for submitting this app to the App Store? Yes
Please enter your Apple Developer Program account credentials. These credentials are needed to manage certificates, keys and provisioning profiles in
your Apple Developer account.
The password is only used to authenticate with Apple and never stored
Learn more here (​https://bit.ly/2VtGWhU​)
? Apple ID: myAppleId@apple.com
? Password (for myAppleId@apple.com): [hidden]
Authenticating to Apple Developer Portal…
Authentication with Apple Developer Portal failed!
spawn bash ENOENT
Error: spawn bash ENOENT
at notFoundError (C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\cross-spawn\lib\enoent.js:6:26)
at verifyENOENT (C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\cross-spawn\lib\enoent.js:40:16)
at ChildProcess.cp.emit (C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\cross-spawn\lib\enoent.js:27:25)
at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:276:12)

1 Like

Hey @sarcodo,

A special character shouldn’t be causing this error. Can you go to your Apple Dev Account and make sure that you are up to date with any ToS changes, etc. If you are, it might be worth trying to change your password temporarily to see if that fixes it. In which case, could you please let me know what the character was. You can email me privately at adamjnav-at-expo.io if you don’t want to share said character publicly.

Cheers,
Adam

Cheers,
Adam

Hi Adam,

It seems like the issue might be the 2 factored authentication on the account, is there anyway to get around this problem?

I have tried using the apple app specific password but it still doesn’t work :confused:

Cheers,
Will

Hi everyone,
I have the same issue. Also in Windows 10.
I had changed my password to remove the special character “$” but still not working.
Thanks in advance,

Hi everyone,
I had same issue.
“Authentication to apple developer account failed”
I tried every possible way but its not working for expo build:ios

Same issue here. Running it within a CI agent on a macOS doesn’t seem to work either:

expo build:ios -t archive --apple-id ***@***.com  --non-interactive
[14:03:21] Authenticating to Apple Developer Portal...
[14:03:23] Invalid username and password combination, try again.

The password is just the app-specific password that was copied from the Apple website. If I change said password to my Apple ID’s password it works, but then I’m stuck with compulsory 2FA.

Does anyone have any ideas?

For the Window User have a section on Building Standalone Apps - Expo Documentation documentation.

Windows users must have WSL enabled. You can follow the installation guide here. We recommend picking Ubuntu from the Windows Store. Be sure to launch Ubuntu at least once. After that, use an Admin powershell to run: Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-Linux

I had migrated my development environment to my Ubuntu and the authentication is fully functional.
I wish that it helps you too.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.