Appstore payment fees while using Stripe?

So we’re using Stripe to process payments for subscriptions to our apps premium services. I’m in doubt whether this should be reported to Google/Apple somewhere for them to receive their 30% cut, or if they only take that cut if the app uses their payment solutions (StoreKit for iOS/In-App Billing on Android)?

Both binaries have passed reviews without feedback on this issue. Does anyone know what I should do here? :smiley:

Couple of questions did you eject your app?

Secondly, if you did are you using apple pay and are there any in app purchases?

I did not eject. I went with Stripe to avoid ejecting, seeing as Expo does not support the native IAP options.

I have a subscription offer in my app that users pay via Stripe at the moment. The subscription unlocks features in the app.

Upon further research, it seems I have to bite the bullet and

1. Eject to ExpoKit
  2. Re-implement payment with the native IAP options (perhaps via a JS wrapper lib) and dump Stripe.

@jhalborg, how did you manage to get your app in the App Store selling subscriptions without using in app purchases? We have faced rejection.

@dev_temporadalivre - Luck I guess, but we might as well be rejected on next submission, so we aim to fix it before then.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.