Apple rejected Binaries due to “Guideline 2.3.1 - Performance" and "Guideline 3.1.1 - Business - Payments - In-App Purchase"

Hi Expo friends,

I have the following rejections

### Guideline 2.3.1 - Performance

We discovered that your app contains hidden features. 

The next submission of this app may require a longer review time, and this app will not be eligible for an expedited review until this issue is resolved.
### Guideline 3.1.1 - Business - Payments - In-App Purchase

We noticed that your app enables the purchase of content, services, or functionality in the app by means other than the in-app purchase API, which is not appropriate for the App Store.

This happened to 2 of my apps in the SAME DAY! They both have been waiting for review for over a month and then were both rejected at the same time. They are both use firebase as well as google admob. There’s no other integrations to third party besides being built with expo. They were both updated to SDK v31.0.0 (latest as of writing).

Please help!

Hey @craig1123,

This is a result of a mistake on our end where the expo payments module was accidentally added to our SDK30 and 31 builders. As of Tuesday evening PST, we have updated our builders so that the payments module has been removed. If you build a new .ipa, you should no longer encounter this issue.

We’re extremely sorry for this inconvenience and we are actively working on putting more safeguards and checks in place to ensure this kind of incident doesn’t happen again because Expo is supposed to make this process easier for you, but in this case it has failed.

Let me know if you have any questions or encounter any more issues.

Cheers,

Adam

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply and update Adam!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.