Apple is turning on mandatory 2 factor authentication, will turning it on affect the build process?

I received the email from Apple:

In an effort to keep your account more secure, two-factor authentication will be required to sign in to your Apple Developer account and Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles starting February 27, 2019. This extra layer of security for your Apple ID helps ensure that you’re the only person who can access your account. If you haven’t already enabled two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, please learn more and update your security settings.

I remember I had to turn off 2-factor authentication in order to finish my build process on expo the first time. Does expo nows support 2-factor authentication?

1 Like

Came to the forums this morning to write exactly the same question. AFAIK, Expo does not yet support 2FA.

It seems there’s now been set a hard deadline for when this ought to be supported in order for developers to publish new binaries using Expo :slight_smile: Would be great with an official response (here, or in a blog post) addressing this.

@nickjuntilla and @jhalborg,

Thanks for asking! I’m bringing this up internally and will get back to you with more info.

-Charlie

1 Like

@nickjuntilla and @jhalborg,

Dug up this article, Introducing support for build dashboards and Apple two-factor authentication | by Brent Vatne | Exposition, so looks safe to say that there is, indeed, support for 2FA.

Ok will give it a shot. Thanks.

1 Like

No problem, 2 factor authentication works already fine :wink:

It has been activated on my account since a while, and works like a charm with Expo!

1 Like

@alamboley Thanks for the actual use confirmation. That’s good to hear!

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.