app version includes SDK com.segment.analytics.android:analytics, 4.9.4 or an SDK that one of your libraries depends on, which collects personal or sensitive data that includes but may not be limited to Advertising ID, Android ID identifiers.

If you’re not using expo-analytics-segment then you should uninstall it.

Make sure you don’t have any old versions of your app that have and old version of expo-analytics-segment in the Internal test, open testing, etc. tracks in the Google Play console.

Thanks for your response! I have never installed expo-analytics-segment in the app until just barely after getting the error. Is there a chance that I am using another package that uses expo-analytics-segment under the hood? like expo-notifications or expo-firebase-analytics that would cause the error?

Try:

npm why expo-analytics-segment

Or:

yarn why expo-analytics-segment

does it also mean that with each Expo SDK update, the less phone OS versions are supported? Like if the app runs on iOS 11 now and some lower Android versions as well, with each SDK update, will it require a newer OS? if so, is there a matrix of what OS each SDK supports?

With every SDK version they publish a blog post and if they decide to stop supporting an old iOS or Android version then they say so in the blog post. Often this is because of Apple or Google requirements, but also sometimes if the React Native team or the Expo team feels that it’s no longer worth supporting an old OS version. As far as I know there’s no matrix with all of the supported OS versions for each Expo SDK, though. I agree that would be useful.

That makes sense. thank you for the explanation.

I noticed this thread was long as a few different solutions. But could someone suggest the best solution for someone in the managed classic build workflow still? Without migrating to EAS, still possible to update the SDK (to which version) and avoid this error.
Also, wonder if Google will remove the existing versions of the app or just block new releases…
Thanks in advance,

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.