App suspended: Issue: Violation of Deceptive Behavior policy

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 32
  2. Platforms(Android):

I recently received an email from google play stating that my app has been suspended, the email said:

"Issue: Violation of Deceptive Behavior policy

We don’t allow apps that attempt to deceive users or enable dishonest behavior. Apps must provide accurate disclosure of their functionality and should perform as reasonably expected by the user. Apps must not attempt to mimic functionality or warnings from the operating system or other apps. Any changes to device settings must be made with the user’s knowledge and consent and be easily reversible by the user."

But i don’t do any of this in the app the email is not clear about exactly where the problem is, has anyone been through this?

Edit: I found this reading Google Play Malicious Behavior

“An app distributed via Google Play may not modify, replace, or update itself using any method other than Google Play’s update mechanism.”

Could be Expo OTA update the problem?

1 Like

Hey @ganhomais,

As far as we are aware, Google has no issue with OTA updates as long as they are used responsibly. Meaning that updates are used for bug fixes, minor changes, etc but if one were to completely upload a new JS bundle that drastically alters the purpose and experience of the app then it becomes an issue.

I would recommend requesting further specification from the Google Play Store team about what they deemed to be deceptive.

Cheers,
Adam

Thanks for information! Google is not good with problem messages.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.