App Standalone loading too Slowly

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 35
  2. Platforms: Android

Im building an App in Android for internal propose but in the company they have Wifi Network but no internet. The problem is that the App is to slow like 1 or 5 minutes to load. But if we turn off the wifi the app start in 1 second also if we have internet 1 second two. Can you help me to know how can i resolve this.
Regards…

Hey @beardboy,

Can you share your current implementation of asset loading and OTA updates? Both of those can impact start up time.

Cheers,
Adam

1 Like

How i say, if my phone has internet the app show my login page in 1 second, if i turn off the wifi o 4G the app show login page en 1 second too. The problem is that in the company there are wifi y network but with out internet and the app stay in loading mode like 1 to 2 minutes then shows the login page.

{
“expo”: {
“name”: “AwesomeProyect”,
“slug”: “MyProyect”,
“privacy”: “public”,
“sdkVersion”: “35.0.0”,
“platforms”: [
“android”
],
“version”: “1.0.0”,
“orientation”: “portrait”,
“icon”: “assets/icon.png”,
“splash”: {
“image”: “assets/icon.png”,
“resizeMode”: “contain”,
“backgroundColor”: “#EC0025
},
“updates”: {
“enabled”: false,
“fallbackToCacheTimeout”: 0
},
“assetBundlePatterns”: [
“assets/*”
],
“android”: {
“versionCode”: 1,
“package”: “packagename”,
“icon”: “assets/iconandroid.png”
}
}
}

I really dont know what to do… Regards

How i say, if my phone has internet the app show my login page in 1 second, if i turn off the wifi o 4G the app show login page en 1 second too. The problem is that in the company there are wifi y network but with out internet and the app stay in loading mode like 1 to 2 minutes then shows the login page.

{
“expo”: {
“name”: “AwesomeProyect”,
“slug”: “MyProyect”,
“privacy”: “public”,
“sdkVersion”: “35.0.0”,
“platforms”: [
“android”
],
“version”: “1.0.0”,
“orientation”: “portrait”,
“icon”: “assets/icon.png”,
“splash”: {
“image”: “assets/icon.png”,
“resizeMode”: “contain”,
“backgroundColor”: “#EC0025
},
“fallbackToCacheTimeout”: 0
},
“assetBundlePatterns”: [
“assets/*”
],
“android”: {
“versionCode”: 1,
“package”: “packagename”,
“icon”: “assets/iconandroid.png”
}
}
}

I really dont know what to do… Regards

I’m not entirely sure what to suggest without seeing your start up code logic such as how you are using the AppLoading or SplashScreen modules. You may also want to take a look at these docs: https://docs.expo.io/versions/v35.0.0/guides/offline-support/

If my tablet has internet the app open quickly, when i turn off the wifi opens too. The problem is when i connect the tablet to a wifi that has a proxy of no internet so the tablet is connect with out internet. The splash screen shows then i see de redbackgroun with the loading spinner… then 30 or 50 seconds lather i see the login page. So i dont know how can i put if the network is poor or doesnt have internet dont verify update, :smiley: i dont know what to do i have this problem like 2 weeks …

i have this:

App.js

import { Updates } from ‘expo’;
try {
const update = await Updates.reloadFromCache();

}

app.json
“fallbackToCacheTimeout”: 0,
“checkAutomatically”: “ON_ERROR_RECOVERY”
},

@adamjnav Some help?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.