App Signing error with ios

I am running expo in my window 10 pc.
expo-cli@4.10.1

Suddenly there is a cert error when I was building ios app today.
All projects can be built successfully before.
So,
I removed all projects in expo.io,
I removed everything in Sign In - Apple, including certificates, profiles, keys except identifiers which I can’t because it is on app store.
I went to expo credentials:manager, and removed profile, certificate and push key

Then I open my expo project can run expo build:ios -t archive

1st
× Failed to fetch Apple push keys
Failed to set up Push Key
Failed to prepare all credentials.
The next time you build, we will automatically use the following configuration:

Cannot extract key “keys” from response data of type string:

Error

Error

Description: Could not process this request.

2nd
Then i run expo build:ios --clear-push-key as it is key error

3rd
Then i run expo build:ios --clear-credentials
ask if i revoke cre, then yes,
ask if let expo handle key build , yes
then
× Failed to create Apple push key

4th
Then i run expo build:ios --clear-push-key

Failed to register bundle identifier xxxxxxx

It then becomes an infinity loop, please help

1 Like

does your apple account have permissions to manage these credentials?

can you run EXPO_APP_STORE_DEBUG=1 expo build:ios and share the output?

Hi, i am using window os.
I set it in Environment Variables.
seems the output is the same.

the output:
× Failed to fetch Apple push keys

Error

Error

Error: Cannot extract key “keys” from response data of type string:

Error

Error

can you share a screenshot of the output?

Hi Brent!

I’m having the same issue here. Only difference is that I’m on IOS.

• deleted Distribution Certificate and re-installed the certificate;
  • deleted Profiles and APN keys
  • also tried expo build:ios --clear-provisioning-profile

Here’s the error:

Error

Error

Error: Cannot extract key “keys” from response data of type string:

Error

Error

at Object.parseAppStoreResponse (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/@expo/apple-utils/build/index.js:1:930662)
at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/@expo/apple-utils/build/index.js:1:925384
at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:95:5)
at Object.paginateAsync (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/@expo/apple-utils/build/index.js:1:949219)
at Object.getKeysAsync (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/@expo/apple-utils/build/index.js:1:925167)
at listPushKeysAsync (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/src/appleApi/pushKey.ts:45:18)
at getValidPushKeys (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/src/credentials/views/IosPushCredentials.ts:362:29)
at CreateOrReusePushKey.open (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/src/credentials/views/IosPushCredentials.ts:285:30)
at CredentialsManager.run (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/src/credentials/route.ts:42:12)
at runCredentialsManager (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/src/credentials/route.ts:13:10)
at IOSBuilder._setupPushCert (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/src/commands/build/ios/IOSBuilder.ts:214:9)
at IOSBuilder.produceCredentials (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/src/commands/build/ios/IOSBuilder.ts:245:5)
at IOSBuilder.prepareCredentials (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/src/commands/build/ios/IOSBuilder.ts:155:7)
at IOSBuilder.run (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/src/commands/build/ios/IOSBuilder.ts:62:7)
at IOSBuilder.command (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/src/commands/build/BaseBuilder.ts:43:7)
at Command.<anonymous> (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/src/exp.ts:350:7)

Also experiencing this issue… Can’t create an apple build

There seems to be a problem on Apple’s side:

Hey Michael,

Appreciate the update. It definitely helped in my case - with the skip credential check command now i can proceed to the building phase. However the build failed with just a singular error message “Standalone build failed!”, and nothing more. Nor was I able to retrieve any useful info from the logs section from Expo account.

I am on Expo v40 btw.

Is it working for everyone else? Trying to make a judgement of whether this is something with Apple/Expo or me.

Thanks all,
Jason

also experiencing intermittent error with Expo notification tool. Seeing messages like “request to https://exp.host/--/api/v2/push/send failed, reason: socket hang up” or “request to https://exp.host/--/api/v2/push/send failed, reason: read ECONNRESET”. Not sure if relevant but just in case.

Hi

Rather post another thread about that issue and post a link to your build URL in case one of the Expo team members needs that to investigate this. (I am not an Expo team member.) Just to avoid your posts in this thread being overlooked because of the app signing issue being a known issue at the moment.

About the notification errors: I doubt those are related. Looks like some networking issue between you and the server, I think. I think another thread for this issue is probably best.

Thanks for the update and advice. Sure will proceed with another thread of the notification issue persists

Seems like it’s working for everyone but still not for me.

I have done a bunch of things these days both in my Apple Developer Account and in my Expo. Think I may have broken the link so even --skip-credentials-check is not helping.

On my Apple Developer account, I have removed all provisioning profiles (because they were “invalid”) and created 1 more distribution certificate. Now every time I try “expo build:ios”, it ended up with a variation of Failed to prepare all credentials. Also tried "let expo handle the process for you’.

Really desparate at the moment. Is there any way to restart the process or am I advised to wait till this Apple episode is over?

For me to make it work,

1. I deleted cert, profile and key in apple, delete the project in expo.
  2. I created a new cert, profile and key in apple.
  3. Using keychain in mac, I changed the cert from .cer to .p12 and uploaded to expo also with new profile and key in expo account page.
  4. Create a new project in expo web page.
  5. It should be showing ‘There isn’t an Apple Developer team associated with this credentials configuration.’ in expo web page.
  6. expo build:ios -t archive in your local project directory until it shows the certificate to select, which should be same slug as the one you created in (5).
  7. You can then go to project page in expo, and select the correct cert, key and profile.
  8. expo build:ios --skip-credentials-check

Hope it helps

Thanks Jack @jackhts4 ! This seems like the solution to go for.

Just a minor concern: the doc below mentions that changing/deleting push notification key may have production impact. Do we know for sure that by recreating the Expo project, the existing IOS app users will not be impacted?

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.