App restarting after getting back from background

Hey everybody.

I’m facing a real problem on my build production. I using the classic “build” provided by expo.
I don’t know why, but when I came back the app from the background" to “front”, on several old android devices, the app restart. I thought first that was the device is too old. But I try with another one (Yota Phone) and I have the same problem. Depending on the device, I want 10/15sec and I reselect the app and it’s restarting.

Did you even face this problem once ? Do you have advice to handle this ?

I don’t want to deep coding to “resolve” this problem by using cache or what ever to save the data on the phone. Do I need to open an issue on github ?

Current version:

"expo": "^32.0.6",
"react": "16.5.0",
"react-native": "https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-32.0.0.tar.gz",
"redux": "^4.0.1",
"redux-persist": "^5.10.0",
"redux-persist-expo-securestore": "^0.1.1",

Best regards,
Guillaume.

Hey @yoshiyo,

There are a number of things that might be causing this. Is your app using lots of memory or attempting to do any heavy processing? If so, sometimes it can be killed by the OS while in the background in order to reclaim memory on the device. Does the restarting happen consistently, no matter how long the app is in the background?

It’s also possible your JS code is erroring periodically, which can cause it to automatically refresh. If this is the case, you should see an exception being reported in your device logs, which are accessible via adb logcat in Android Studio.

Cheers,

Adam

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.