App loading time

Hi @Expo team,

i am facing a big problem on my app: the app loading time is very long. Is there a way to decrease the loading time PLEASE. I have a lot of customers that are complaining about this. I need a solution ASAP!!!

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hey @codekl,

I’m not entirely sure what you mean by loading time. Loading as in your initial app opening while your Splash Screen is displayed? Loading as in fetching data from your database?

There are a ton of variables that go into your loading time. The customer’s connection is a huge one…even apps like Snapchat or Facebook can be extremely slow on a poor connection like Sprint in my area for instance. The first thing that comes to mind is, are you loading a lot of assets? If so, are you taking advantage of bundling assets in your binary? (https://docs.expo.io/versions/latest/guides/offline-support.html#bundle-your-assets-inside-your-standalone-binary) If not, that is one way you could decrease your loading time. Other than that, it is very dependent on what your app is doing initially once your assets and other async actions are complete.

One piece of advice for future use: The more details you can provide, ideally including code, the better help we can provide. It is very hard to provide help with ambiguous information. If you are in a rush to get an issue resolved, the best thing you can do is provide as much information as possible before posting, so that when we get around to replying, we can provide detailed assistance instead of having to ask for more information and or code.

Cheers,

Adam

Hi @adamjnav,

thank you for your response. By loading time i mean the initial app opening while your Splash Screen is displayed. It’s a bit difficult for us to share the code but i will to test the solution you suggested (building assest in the binary) as the app does and will let you know the result.

Thanks.

That’s what we are here for, @codekl! I understand you not being able to share your code, but just wanted to let you know that it helps out if possible! Hopefully building your assets in your binary will help out. One of my fellow team members brought to my attention another option you could try, which is to use the loadJSInBackgroundExperimental feature in your app.json Here are the docs: https://docs.expo.io/versions/latest/guides/configuration.html#loadjsinbackgroundexperimental

Cheers,

Adam

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.