App js bundle reverts versions

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 37.0.0
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android

Hello,

I seem to have a weird issue where my JS bundle seems to revert versions in a certain circumstance. I have been attempting to testing starting my application in offline mode and was having problems with it. None of my code changes seemed to work, so I got to thinking maybe for some reason my bundle wasn’t being downloaded. At the time I wasn’t updating my version in app.json though.

So I started updating that version just to be sure I got the new bundle. I’m using a built and installed APK, not the expo app to run my application

Steps:

1. Clear all app data in Android settings
  2. Make code change and update version from 27 to 28.
  3. Start application online and note that version was updated to 28
  4. Close application and start it with airplane mode on (the version won’t show up until it hits a certain screen so I cant see the version here) But my code changes don’t seem to be there
  5. Close app and re-start again in online mode and the version printed reverts back to 27

It seems when I start my application in offline mode it reverts back to an old version of the bundle. Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions?

Kyle

Actually, this probably makes sense. If I clear the app data and go offline, I assume I have probably cleared the newly downloaded bundle and it reverts to the bundle that the APK was built with.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.