App crashing with error screen in Android standalone App

My app runs perfectly fine in the Expo client and also on iOS devices.

However, whenever I build an APK and run the app, it loads the splash screen and immediately asks for location permission. Once granted the app crashes with a blue screen notifying that there is a Fatal Uncaught Error. I have hooked up Sentry to get more info, but no errors are being logged.

Any help on this would be very much appreciated as my app is now in production and I have spent the better part of the last couple of days trying to resolve this.

What version of SDK was this built with and what versions of android is it crashing on.

SDK version 21.0.0
Android version 6.0.1

Hi @raihanrazi, unfortunately this error is thrown when our code’s error message is undefined. imo, the easiest way to go about root causing this is to take a look at your adb logs and stripping away your app to figure out the simplest implementation that still causes the problem. Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like

sometimes I am also getting “blue” screen with some JavaScript exception. Can we just hide that screen in Production build? I’ve detached app and want to just reload app not that blue screen should show to user.