App crashing on startup on IOS <= 11.4

Info:

• Expo SDK version: 36
  • ExpoKit version: 36.0.1
  • Xcode version: 11.3.1
  • IOS Simulator version: Less than/equal to 11.4
  • Mac OS: 10.15.2

Hey! I’m currently having trouble running my ejected expokit app on older IOS versions. The app is crashing on launch, with no real indication as to why. The only ‘error’ I get is in Xcode to say: “Thread 1: signal SIGABRT”. I’ve been thinking that this is an ExpoKit issue, and have been looking into ejecting to a bare workflow, but I wanted to ask here before I commit to doing that.
Any help is appreciated, thank you.

I just initialized a new app, downgraded to SDK 36, and ejected to expokit and I had no issues running on IOS 11.4. So this issue is specific to my environment evidently. Is creating a new expo app ejecting to the bare workflow and migrating my code still my best option? Thanks.

Hello, me again! It turns out the issue wasn’t actually anything to do with Expokit. I had some native modules with Swift that weren’t being embedded properly. The solution was to change the “Always Embed Swift Standard Libraries” settings to “Yes” in Build Settings → Build Options. Hope this helps anyone else that might encounter the issue!

If you’re trying to launch an app and it keeps disappearing, the app is repeatedly crashing.