app.config.js not configuring builds properly

I recently updated our Expo project from sdk 44 to 46. During that process, I switched from Expo build:android to eas build -p android.

Everything is running as expected, except the version code is not compiled into the aab/apk files correctly, so I cant push updates to google play.

The version code is already set to 26, as we did release previous versions, and the semVer is 1.1.1 currently. EAS also doesn’t show the correct version codes in the dashboard. I tried setting "appVersionSource": "local" as well as "remote", but neither works. (As far as I understand, local should be the correct parameter.

eas build generally seems to ignore other parameters from the app.config.js, like the splash images, app icons and background colors (I didn’t include those lines in the code examples below to keep it short)

eas.json

{
  "cli": {
    "version": ">= 2.3.0",
    "appVersionSource": "local"
  },
  "build": {
    "production": {
      "channel": "production",
      "env": {
        "APP_ENV": "production"
      },
      "android": {
        "buildType": "app-bundle",
        "image": "latest"
      }
    }
  },
  "submit": {
    "production": {}
  }
}

app.config.js

import 'dotenv/config';

module.exports = {
  expo: {
    name: '...',
    slug: '...',
    version: '1.1.1',
    assetBundlePatterns: ['**/*'],
    android: {
      package: '...',
      versionCode: 26,
      softwareKeyboardLayoutMode: 'pan',
    },
    extra: {
      eas: {
        projectId: '...',
      },
      releaseChannel: process.env.APP_ENV,
    },
  },
};

Screen Shot 2022-10-15 at 6.13.06 PM

Hi @stefan23

Did you by any chance run npx expo prebuild or npx expo run:android? That would generate the native Android project, which is basically like the Bare workflow.

See the following post for some more details snd what you can do:

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.