App Bundle signed with the wrong key ?

Hello everyone,

It’s my first time uploading an App to Android so I think I missunderstood something but I need your help because I’m facing an issue with the project I’m trying to update.

I can’t update my application on the google play console. I get this message:

Your Android App Bundle is signed with the wrong key. Ensure that your App Bundle is signed with the correct signing key and try again.

So what I did steps by steps :

1. I built my app with the command showed on the documentation :
expo build:android -t app-bundle

I’ve followed the instructions, I let expo generate the keystore.

1. I uploaded the .aab file onto the Google Play Console and after 3 days, my app is on the Play Store, Perfect.

2. I want to update my app to fix some little bugs. So there is my problem. I’ve rebuild a new version of my app (increasing the version number and everything). With the command :

expo build:android -t app-bundle
  1. When I want to put the new .aab file onto the Google Play Console as a new release, I get this error message:

Your Android App Bundle is signed with the wrong key. Ensure that your App Bundle is signed with the correct signing key and try again.

I don’t know what to do, why that happens and how to fix it… So I came here with the hope that I’ll find help

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.