Any insights on this Expo JSON bug?

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 41
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android

After opening an app to split screen mode, it crashes (release build only)
This is expected behavior from Expo and a bug report is already made: SplitScreen mode on Android, Works in ExpoClient but crashes on standalone build (.apk and .aab) - Expo Cloud Build Agend · Issue #11091 · expo/expo · GitHub

However:
When opening up the app again after this crash the error is Expo encountered a fatal error: java.lang.illegalArgumentException: Unexpected type in an array: class org.json.JSONObject at android.app.ActivityThread.performResumeActivity…

The app must be reinstalled (all data and cache cleared) before it functions again
The app works perfectly fine before this point in time and functions/loads normally if split screen was never entered

1 Like

Yes, I have same issue with my app :(.

This is actually a really big problem when parsing JSON. Any devs of expo want to give their opinion?

what do you mean? what does parsing json have to do with the split screen issue?

the crash when reopening the app should be resolved with SplitScreen mode on Android, Works in ExpoClient but crashes on standalone build (.apk and .aab) - Expo Cloud Build Agend · Issue #11091 · expo/expo · GitHub - we’ll roll this out an upcoming patch release

the split screen issue has slipped through the cracks for us and this is the first time i have been informed of this, so we will have to follow up on that afterwards

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.