any expo snacks for using Constants in expo 44?

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 44
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): ios

Typically the documentation for a module is straightforward but struggling with implementing things like Manifest now that it’s no longer a property of Constants. If there was a snack hanging around i could reference it would probably answer my question. for example the import suggested by VS Code when trying to use the type Manifest is: import { Manifest } from ‘expo-constants/build/Constants.types’;

Hi @kmcspurren

I know very little about typescript, but I think you can do this:

import { Manifest } from 'expo-updates';

See:

thanks. and appreciate the snack… i suppose my confusion (given previous iterations of the Constants module in expo < SDK 44 didn’t use Types) was why they were there if you couldn’t use them unless your app was developed in typescript. i’m decent with typescript but don’t use it in development yet. does your snack basically indicate those are of no use to me then? i think it does…

If you’re not using typescript there’s no need to use those types, yes. (Not sure if I misunderstood your question.)

Ha. No you got it right. Good clarification. I assumed I was missing something. Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.