Android push notifications slight delay vs ios

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 4.0.1
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android/iOS

This is my first app and has been live for a few months now so forgive me if any of this comes off naive. I use expo push notification service to send notifications when I post new content to my react native app. After getting feedback over this time and tracking notification taps, it’s clear the iOS has a significant time advantage over Android. Every time the first 50% of taps are almost exclusively iPhones, with Androids trickling in later. My android users complain they are often “late to the party”. My notifications are time sensitive as I post when a company has limited free samples available and once all are claimed, they are gone. I am thinking maybe I was wrong to go the push notification route since seconds count in my case, I had previously hoped that any time difference would be insignificant but I suppose the 1-2 minutes delay is just too great. Is there anything i can do about this before looking to other notification solutions/outlets? I worked so hard to implement push notifications and was so proud when I got it working I hate for it to go to waste :slight_smile: But if its hurting half of my audience then it is what it is. Thank you for any input.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.