Android: Push Notification not showing / very delayed on lock screen when inactive

SDK Version: 41
Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android

On Android my expo app does not show notification (or they are receiving very late) after a certain amount of time (like 3-5) being inactive and the phone being locked.

As soon as I unlock the phone I receive the pending notifications right away!

When the phone is unlocked all notification receive properly and when I freshly lock the phone within the first 3 min (or so) the notification receive too. Just after being inactive, they won’t show up.

I am not sure if this is some Android setting (this happens on Samsung A9 and Xiaomi Pocophone P1) or something I can set up in my app… On iOS it all works fine .

Do you have an idea what the problem could be? Other apps like Facebook, Instagram etc. work fine.

Unfortunately nobody answered my question. So I thankfully figured it out myself. When sending a message to Android, while the phone goes to sleep (after 3-5 min) I had to send the notification priority as high see Expo doc.

I hope for future questions like that, this answer will help you.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.