Android Messaging Service

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 35.0.0
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android

Hello,

I am working on setting up Push Notifications for our Expo Android app.
I was able to create a Firebase project and link it to the application (by adding the google-service.json file) and push notifications are working well from that side.
However, we also use Mixpanel as our analytics engine, and I would like to configure the ability to trigger push notifications from Mixpanel (I would like to mention that we already do this for iOS, all works fine).
However, when targeting Android devices, the notifications sent from Mixpanel are never delivered. I got in touch with their support team, and they advised that I should add the following service to my AndroidManifest.xml file:

<service>
    android:name="com.mixpanel.android.mpmetrics.MixpanelFCMMessagingService"
        android:enabled="true"
        android:exported="false">
        intent-filter>
             <action android:name="com.google.firebase.MESSAGING_EVENT"/>
        /intent-filter>
  </service>

I am unsure how to do this without ejecting to ExpoKit, as currently I don’t have an AndroidManifest file.
I read the documentation on how to use the app.json file to declare additional config, but was unable to reach a final answer.
Is there any way that I can declare the specific MixpanelFirebase service for my app?

Many thanks!

1 Like

We have exactly the same issue… Any help is much appreciated!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.