Android: `expo-notifications` bare workflow alerts not showing

1. SDK Version: 44
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android
  3. expo-notifications

I have set up expo-notifications in my previously ejected application and am having a huge amount of trouble getting them to work on Android (iOS works perfectly). Even though the application is definitely registering for notifications successfully and is receiving notifications, the notifications aren’t creating an alert on registered phones when they’re sent. I’ve completed all the steps in every guide.

I’m able to register for notifications via expo-notifications, send notifications via their push notification end point, and then the application will fire any notification received listener’s. However, no alert is ever shown on the users lock screen, and if the users application is already open then nothing will be shown to the user. SO there is no way for a user to trigger a notification response listener.

I’ve tried setting the priority to “high” but that didn’t do anything, and I don’t see any other options that might affect this.

So, how do I get the alerts to show on android on the lock screen and play a sound when received? Ideally they show on the lock screen and pop up in the app as well when a notification is received such as they do on iOS.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.