Android 'expo detach' fail

after detach, android app run fail

E/AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main
                  Process: jb.tenspoon, PID: 7475
                  java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{jb.tenspoon/host.exp.exponent.MainActivity}: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'boolean java.lang.String.equals(java.lang.Object)' on a null object reference
                      at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2984)
                      at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:3045)
                      at android.app.ActivityThread.-wrap14(ActivityThread.java)
                      at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1642)
                      at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
                      at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:154)
                      at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6776)
                      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
                      at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:1496)
                      at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1386)
                   Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'boolean java.lang.String.equals(java.lang.Object)' on a null object reference
                      at host.exp.exponent.ExponentManifest.fetchCachedManifest(ExponentManifest.java:276)
                      at host.exp.exponent.AppLoader.start(AppLoader.java:85)
                      at host.exp.exponent.experience.DetachActivity.onCreate(DetachActivity.java:88)
                      at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:6955)
                      at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1126)
                      at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2927)
                      at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:3045) 
                      at android.app.ActivityThread.-wrap14(ActivityThread.java) 
                      at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1642) 
                      at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102) 
                      at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6776) 
                      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method) 
                      at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:1496) 
                      at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1386) 
D/Exponent: Loaded exp.host status page.
E/com.amplitude.api.DeviceInfo: Encountered an error connecting to Google Play Services
                                java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.Class java.lang.Object.getClass()' on a null object reference
                                    at com.amplitude.api.DeviceInfo$CachedInfo.getAndCacheGoogleAdvertisingId(DeviceInfo.java:207)
                                    at com.amplitude.api.DeviceInfo$CachedInfo.getAdvertisingId(DeviceInfo.java:187)
                                    at com.amplitude.api.DeviceInfo$CachedInfo.<init>(DeviceInfo.java:57)
                                    at com.amplitude.api.DeviceInfo$CachedInfo.<init>(DeviceInfo.java:42)
                                    at com.amplitude.api.DeviceInfo.getCachedInfo(DeviceInfo.java:260)
                                    at com.amplitude.api.DeviceInfo.prefetch(DeviceInfo.java:266)
                                    at com.amplitude.api.AmplitudeClient$2.run(AmplitudeClient.java:285)
                                    at com.amplitude.api.AmplitudeClient.runOnLogThread(AmplitudeClient.java:1793)
                                    at com.amplitude.api.AmplitudeClient.initializeDeviceInfo(AmplitudeClient.java:280)
                                    at com.amplitude.api.AmplitudeClient.access$100(AmplitudeClient.java:40)
                                    at com.amplitude.api.AmplitudeClient$1.run(AmplitudeClient.java:232)
                                    at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:751)
                                    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)
                                    at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:61)

#Env

• “Expo sdkVersion”: “27.0.0”
  • I just did CRNA → expo detach → android studio build&run, but app run fail

Hi there, if you are trying to run a Release (not Debug) build from Android Studio, you will need to make sure to run exp publish first. Can you check the values for publishManifestPath and publishBundlePath inside app.json, and make sure files exist at those paths? If not, try running exp publish first.

@ben, thax for reply~

I did expo publish, but didn’t solved problem~

there is ‘Publish Menifest, Bundle’ Files

I try ‘reinstall google play service’ but not solved the problem;

Google Play Services keeps Stopping【How to Fix that?】| updato.com

Now i don’t need publish ‘google play store’

i am confused, i just flow the expo menual

is any my environment issue?? i can’t find uniting now;;

Hi @jb9229 - could you post the full contents of your app.json?

Thanks for support of this problem.

i solved the problem, but it is not solved perfectly.

i just did:

• DetachBuildConstants.java → DEVELOPMENT_URL set manualy because the url is empty

I don’t know why the url is empty?

maybe i will reproduce the problem(i did simply)

Hi @jb9229 - you need to be running your project via XDE or exp start when you start the Android Studio build. Have you tried that?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.