Android build time out reached

Hi!

We are starting new project and decided to go with expo. We created CI with AWS CodeBuild.

While building android apk I receive following mgs:
*Timed out. *
[14:40:34] Timeout reached! Project is taking longer than expected to finish building, aborting wait…

Our timeouts are set for one hour so I suppose that’s coming from expo.

It is strange because at the end I can access build directly on: https://expo.io/builds/4fa78c56-c4d8-4592-a0de-12cbc6d72fa3

Could you let me know what is causing the issue?

Thanks!
Lukasz

1 Like

I have also been experiencing this issue for at least the last week now. Have been unable to build an android APK due to timeout error. It worked previously, and I have not changed any major package versions. Would like to hear from expo team on this, I was considering opening a thread for this issue also.

1 Like

@cshanno - sorry this has been a persistent problem for you, could you share your build ID? Then I can look into it a little more

@lukaszbigos thanks for pointing that out, weird that it’s throwing a timeout error for you on your terminal when the build isn’t having issues itself. Do you know how long the build was running for before the timeout occurred?

I tried building last week, and consistently received the timeout error in the terminal, and when I went to the builds page on expo it would say the build failed around 30-35 minute mark. I tried building again today and it finally worked, although again it times out in the terminal and takes about 30 minutes to complete, and I have to go to the builds page to download the APK from there, but it is at least working now.

Hi, around 30 minutes…

Hi, today I got another timeout info in my terminal:

Waiting for build to complete. You can press Ctrl+C to exit.
:warning: Timed out.
Timeout reached! Project is taking longer than expected to finish building, aborting wait…

Build was finished at the end but such information in terminal is misleading and it interrupts our build on AWS CodeBuild. Could somebody check and investigate those errors please?

Todays errors while building android:

You can monitor the build at

https://expo.io/builds/d99af258-35c0-4d96-bb9b-2a7d78232dea

[14:53:28] Waiting for build to complete. You can press Ctrl+C to exit.

[15:05:59] socket hang up
[15:05:59] Set EXPO_DEBUG=true in your env to view the stack trace.
[Container] 2019/08/29 15:05:59 Command did not exit successfully npx expo build:android exit status 1
[Container] 2019/08/29 15:05:59 Phase complete: BUILD State: FAILED
[Container] 2019/08/29 15:05:59 Phase context status code: COMMAND_EXECUTION_ERROR Message: Error while executing command: npx expo build:android. Reason: exit status 1

Again build was created, but such errors interrupt our CI process… Any idea what’s the issue?

Same story today, build logs says timeout reached. Could anybody look into that issue?

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.