Android build failed - invalid keystore format

Hi,

I’m new to Expo and I have to take on an existing app. When I want to build my android version of the app, I have this exception :

“Failed to read key … from store
/tmp/turtle/keystore-cbee07f2-eece-468d-9d51-ed260e3dd783.jks”: Invalid keystore format."

I’ve read the documentation but I struggle to find the answer.

I tried to define other credentials with .der file that I found on Google Play console but it didn’t solve my problem.

Is someone can help me please ? Where can I find more informations ?

Expo CLI 3.11.7 environment info:
System:
Shell: 5.3 - /bin/zsh
Binaries:
Node: 12.14.1 - /usr/local/bin/node
Yarn: 1.6.0 - /usr/local/bin/yarn
npm: 6.13.4 - /usr/local/bin/npm
IDEs:
Xcode: 10.3/10G8 - /usr/bin/xcodebuild
npmPackages:
expo: ^33.0.0 => 33.0.7
react: 16.8.3 => 16.8.3
react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-33.0.0.tar.gz => 0.59.8
react-navigation: ^2.18.2 => 2.18.3
npmGlobalPackages:
expo-cli: 3.11.7

You should get this keystore from previous developer of this app. If this was expo app from the start keystore is stored on that expo account. Run expo fetch:android:kestore when logged in into that account.

If there is no way to contact previous developer and google play app signing was enabled, you can run expo build:android -c and let expo handle the credentials. After build is finished run expo fetch:android:upload-cert and contact google support team (App signing tab on Google Play) to reset your keystore. You will need to send them .pem file generated by this last command

1 Like

Thank you very much !

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.