Android build fail with SDK36

Today i try to make build with the new sdk and fails on Android, iOS works as expected.

Here the exception, any advices, thanks !!!

BUILD SUCCESSFUL in 6m 47s
32 actionable tasks: 32 executed
Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, lstat '/app/turtle/workingdir/android/sdk36/android-shell-app/app/build/outputs/bundle/release/app.aab'
1 Like

can confirm got exactly the same mistake, please fix and keep us posted on the progress

I get the same error, both using turtle-cli and Expo’s services with SDK 36

This only happens for app-bundle, apk is not affected.

The error is here expo-cli/AndroidShellApp.js at @expo/xdl@56.5.0 · expo/expo-cli · GitHub

And the proper fix could be

if (ExponentTools.parseSdkMajorVersion(sdkVersion) >= 36) {
  gradleBuildCommand = `bundle${debugOrRelease}`;
  outputPath = path.join(outputDirPath, debugOrReleaseL, `app-${debugOrReleaseL}.aab`);
} else if (ExponentTools.parseSdkMajorVersion(sdkVersion) >= 33) {

This at least worked for me when I edited node_modules/turtle-cli/node_modules/@expo/xdl/build/detach/AndroidShellApp.js to be

if (buildType === 'app-bundle') {
    if (ExponentTools().parseSdkMajorVersion(sdkVersion) >= 36) {
      gradleBuildCommand = `bundle${debugOrRelease}`;
      outputPath = _path().default.join(outputDirPath, debugOrReleaseL, `app-${debugOrReleaseL}.aab`);
    } else if (ExponentTools().parseSdkMajorVersion(sdkVersion) >= 33) {
1 Like

Guy, here i create a github issue with this post @esamelson any advice from expo voice, thanks !!!

https://github.com/expo/turtle/issues/166

Thanks for the report everyone and especially @hilmarh for the investigation into it. We’ll work on getting a fix out as soon as possible!

2 Likes

Thanks @adamjnav we stay tuned

Having this issue too.

Guys working for me right now, thanks !!!

1 Like

Hey all, as @outatime mentioned, it should be working now. We rolled out a fix late last night. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Thank you @adamjnav for all the team effort they are doing expo awesome :raised_hands:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.