Ability to get native APNS and GCM push tokens

Hi, I’m trying to pass responsibility for sending push notifications off to my company’s marketing department using the SaaS Iterable. I know that if you are using the Expo Push Notification Service you use Notifications.getExpoPushTokenAsync() get a token that Expo recognizes and uses to create and distribute notifications through Google Cloud Messenger and Apple Push Notification Services.

My question: is there a way to get the actual credentials and device identifiers needed to use these native services directly/through a third party?

I know that Expo is pretty limited on Push Notification integrations (e.g. Firebase) but it seems like allowing developers to access their user’s push credentials would make the service a lot more flexible.

I’m also running into the same problem, hoping to get some help/tips.

Hey @mickeymcc and @thienmint,

This is possible by using Notifications.getDeviceTokenAsync but only in Standalone Apps. https://docs.expo.io/versions/v32.0.0/sdk/notifications/#notificationsgetdevicepushtokenasyncconfig

Always remember to give the docs a quick search!

Cheers,
Adam

Dang, I spent 2 hours pouring though the docs last night and did not find that, thanks for pointing that out.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.