401 request failed build android

Hello, I don’t know either it is my account problem or from expo-cli. I’ve got status code 401 request failed when trying to build standalone apk. I am using sdk 34. How to make it works ?

Please run expo whoami. It should say Logged in as username. If it says Not logged in then you should run expo login.

Also rerun the command like EXPO_DEBUG=true expo build:android ... and post the error messages you get like this:

```
error

this is the error

1 Like

Same for me but with iOS

expo build:ios        
Checking if there is a build in progress...

Request failed with status code 401
Error: Request failed with status code 401
    at createError (/Users/chandler/.nvm/versions/node/v9.11.2/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/axios/lib/core/createError.js:16:15)
    at settle (/Users/chandler/.nvm/versions/node/v9.11.2/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/axios/lib/core/settle.js:17:12)
    at IncomingMessage.handleStreamEnd (/Users/chandler/.nvm/versions/node/v9.11.2/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/axios/lib/adapters/http.js:237:11)
    at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:208:15)
    at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:1154:12)
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:77:11)

I had the wrong owner in app.json. I filled that out before I created an Expo account. Once I changed owner to my Expo login, I could build the app.

1 Like

The issue has been solved by changing the app.json using the default builder app.json :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.