15 errors found

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 40
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android
  3. Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on.

I have no idea how to address 15 errors. (see screenshot: Vital Tech Results - Improving User Experience With Automated Triggers )

As seen in Google play developer console > Pre Launch report.

This is the error code:

FATAL EXCEPTION: main
Process: com.google.android.gm, PID: 9072
java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'android.accounts.Account com.android.mail.providers.Account.b()' on a null object reference
	at dgg.Z(PG:3)
	at dgg.onPrepareOptionsMenu(PG:6)
	at com.google.android.gm.ComposeActivityGmail.onPrepareOptionsMenu(PG:1)
	at android.app.Activity.onPreparePanel(Activity.java:4137)
	at gn.onPreparePanel(PG:2)
	at vz.onPreparePanel(Unknown Source:2)
	at tm.onPreparePanel(PG:3)
	at tv.a(PG:192)
	at tv.f(PG:7)
	at tc.run(PG:2)
	at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:883)
	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:100)
	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:237)
	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:8016)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
	at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:496)
	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1076)

The above code is the error. There are 14 other warnings but this one appears to be critical; I can not launch to production without fixing this.

How would I address this?

You can launch into production if you don’t think that error is relevant to your app.

There has been quite a bit of issues of late with Google Playstore from what I have seen in terms of them testing older devices & older versions of Android. There are a few open issues that have been going on for MONTHS, such as this one that started as a report from a Kotlin developer but tons of other developers from React-Native, Expo and other platforms have weighed in. (I was tracking a few issues, including one I had opened myself, but I gave up tracking due to the volume of traffic and the lack of resolution).

You can simply turn off the “Pre-Launch Tests” in Google Play:

Google Play Console >> Testing >> Pre-Launch Report >> Settings >> Pre-launch Report Preferences >> Turn On Pre-launch Report

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.